18 September 2015

Working on a new free crochet pattern in France

At the moment I'm in the picturesque little town of St. Léonard-de-Noblat, France.
free crochet pattern coaster peacock feather thecuriocraftsroom the curio crafts room
Domaine de Romefort: View of the French gîte I rented from friends.




















I'm on a month-long working holiday, enjoying walks, taking lots of pictures, writing a mindfulness workbook for focuscoaching.nu (my own mindfulness and HSP business) and translating all of my crochet patterns into Dutch, which I hope to publish in November and December. The translation process is quite a slow one and it's taking me longer than expected also because of the layout and placement of photos (they keep moving to places I don't want them to move to ;-). All of my patterns contain both detailed written instructions and a photo tutorial guiding you through every step of the process.


But of course I also found some time to design a new peacock feather motif because that is what I like best. And it's a free pattern! The first of a series I plan to publish here, most of them peacock inspired. Below is a photo of the design; it's tiny and cute I think.


free crochet pattern coaster peacock feather thecuriocraftsroom the curio crafts roomI love peacocks: the colours; the shape of the enormous tail; the vintage feel to them (hope you can follow but I think they are so roaring 20s); just the entire sumptuousness of this gorgeous bird. I have already designed quite a few peacock feather motifs and they are all available in my Etsy and Ravelry shops. So this is the first free one, which I have called French Mini Peacock Feather. There will also be a Dutch version of this pattern. I really hope you like it. Do let me know!

1 comment

Latest Instagrams

© TheCurioCraftsRoom. Design by FCD.